• Licensing

  • Kemar 'Flava' McGregor Places Three Compositions on TV One's "R&B Divas" Reality Show

    NORTH LAUDERDALE, FL - JULY 14, 2013: Jamaican pop-reggae producer Kemar 'Flava' McGregor placed three compositions on the TV One reality show, "R&B Divas," during spring 2013. These compositions featured vocal performances by R&B stars Musiq Soulchild and Syleena Johnson.

    The compositions, titled “So Big,” “Promise” and “Feel the Fire,” appeared in the second, seventh and eighth episodes of "R&B Divas," in which McGregor was filmed while producing the songs at NIN9 Studios in Atlanta, GA.

    TV One began airing these episodes May 15, 2013, and has released full versions of all three episodes on the network’s website. McGregor said he enjoyed composing the tracks because their sound resembles a modern mixture of commercial pop and club reggae.

    “I like these songs because of the style, the variation and the sound. It’s different from a typical reggae one-drop song, because it’s much more commercial and it fits television very well,” said McGregor. “When you listen to the show and hear the sound, it makes you feel like you are listening to an R&B song or a pop song. It’s still reggae, but people who don’t know reggae will still accept it as a Syleena Johnson song or a Musiq Soulchild song.”

    McGregor made personal appearances in the second and seventh episodes, which aired live footage of a recording session between McGregor, Johnson and Musiq Soulchild, who are preparing to release a collaborative pop-reggae album, titled “9INE,” this summer.

    The "9INE" album will feature three pop-reggae tracks apiece by Musiq Soulchild and Syleena Johnson, and three romantic vocal duets by both singers, totaling nine songs. The album also will include a bonus track – an updated version of Bob Marley’s reggae classic, “Could You be Loved.” The tentative release date for the 9INE album is September 10, 2013.

    Episode seven of "R&B Divas" can be accessed by clicking the following link: Click Here For R&B Divas - Episode Seven.

  • Synchronization & Licensing

    FM Records licenses its musical compositions for use in:

    • Film
    • Commercials
    • TV
    • Video
    • Ringtones
    • Videogames
    • Consumer Products
    • Toys
    • New Media
    • New Recordings
    • Trailers/Promos
    • Internet
    • Live Performance
    • Corporate Events
    If you're interested in using an FM Records composition, please submit a quote request form with the appropriate information as described in more detail below. Licensing fees and rates will differ for each type of request. Please note that a license cannot be guaranteed in each case.

    Synchronization License

    A synchronization license (also called a "synch" license) is needed to synchronize music with a video image. This includes using an FM Records composition in Film, TV, Commercials, Video/DVD, Videogames, Trailers/Promos, etc. If you're interested in obtaining a Synchronization License, please click this link to fill out a quote request form. You may also contact:
    Attn: FM Records
    Email: publishing@fmrecordsmusic.com

    Live Stage Production License

    A license is needed if you're interested in using an FM Records composition in a live stage production. This includes (but is not limited to) uses in Theater, Plays, Dance and Ballet. If you're interested in obtaining a live stage production license, please click this link to fill out a quote request form.

    All Other Requests

    Ringtone, Consumer Product, Karaoke, Internet, New Media, Samples, Translations, Parodies and other requests may be sent to:
    Attn: FM Records
    Email: licensing@fmrecordsmusic.com

    Please be sure to include the following information in your request letters:
    • Title of composition(s) interested in using
    • Writer(s) of composition(s)
    • Portion of the composition you want to use (ex: first 30 seconds, chorus, entire song, etc.)
    • Media
    • Detailed Project / Product Description
    • Territory
    • When use will occur (term requested)
    • Contact Info (name, mailing address, telephone, email address, fax number)

    Mechanical Use License

    A Mechanical Use License is needed if you want to record and distribute an FM Records composition on either a physical album (such as a CD) or via digital delivery.
    Contact Email: publishing@fmrecordsmusic.com.

    Master Use License

    Please note that if you wish to use an original/master recording of a song, you must also obtain a Master Use License from the owner of the recording (which is usually the record label). To look up record label information for a particular musical composition you can go to web site at www.fmrecordsmusic.com.

  • Synchronization & Licensing - E-Mail Form